Edge is a complete environmental device for environmental monitoring using sensors and computer vision. The device relies on edge computing technologies, acquiring and processing locally all necessary data from soil and air, synchronized with plant growing status.
The processed data is sent to Lumbara services platform. The device can be connected to internet through 5G, but support also other connectivity.
With Lumbara Edge you have a complete plant supervision phenology, air, water and soil nutrients, pollination, diseases and pests. Base on demand, this amazing product leverage edge computing, exposing API to develop your own local environmental integrated use cases, connecting the device with other devices or to a machine through machine2machine communication.
Lumbara Edge is a built-in compact and autonomous all-in-one edge computing product for environmental scanning using precision technology, that covers your needs , through several smart integrated edge modules: air monitoring, soil monitoring and plant grow monitoring (using computer vision).
The modules are communicating among them and data can be corelated with satellite multispectral monitoring.
It is suitable for cities air and green areas monitoring but also for agriculture fields, orchards and vineyards.
Edge computing capabilities
- Ambiental monitoring (temperature, humidity, atm. pressure, PAR, UVA, UVB, Wind speed, Wind Direction, Illuminance, Rainfall, pyranometer).
- Canopy evolution phenology measurements
- Chlorophyll monitoring for diseases and fertilization predictions
- Plant phenology and diseases through computer vision
- Air particles
Pollen monitoring through computer vision and machine learning
Automated airborne-particle sensors sample the air for dust, mold and pollen continuously
- Pollen & Mold Science
- Aerobiologists can review data feeds and work with software and data scientists to improve algorithms.
- Particle Distribution
- Patterns in the location and timing of particulates are finicky. Sensors and statistics helps on this.
- Sensors upload images to the cloud to be processed for counting and identification
More than 30 types of allergen threads supported.
Air quality monitoring
PM Dust particles sizes 1, 2.5,10 ug/m3
CO2 Carbon dioxide – causing respiratory rate disorder, tachycardia, cardiac arrhythmias
H2S Hydrogen sulfide – causing nausea, headaches, delirium, disturbed equilibrium, tremors, convulsions, and skin and eye irritation
O3 Ozone – can fight diseases, including cancer, by modulating the immune system response and reversing oxygen deficits
NO2 Nitrogen dioxide – causing respiratory symptoms, including burning eyes, sore throat, or cough
CO Carbon monoxide – causing headache, dizziness, weakness, upset stomach, vomiting, chest pain, and confusion
NH3 Ammonia – causing eyes, nose, throat and respiratory tract irritations and blindness, lung damage impact
SO – Sulfured monoxide – causing respiratory problems such as bronchitis, and can irritate your nose, throat and lungs.
NO – Nitric oxide exposures may cause a build-up of fluid in the lungs (pulmonary edema), a medical emergency. to transport Oxygen, causing headache, fatigue, dizziness, and a blue color to the skin and lips (methemoglobinemia). cause headache, dizziness, nausea and vomiting, unconsciousness and death
VOC – Volatile organic compounds are compounds that have a high vapor pressure and low water solubility Organic chemicals are widely used as ingredients: paints, varnishes, and wax all contain organic solvents, as do many cleaning, disinfecting, cosmetic, degreasing.
Additional plant stress sensors
The product supports various sensors configurations as plugins and exposes additional green intelligent services:
- LeafWetness for fungal diseases and pests predictions
- Soil Temperature & Humidity
- Soil PH
- Soil Electrical Conduct
- Soil NPK
- Soil moisture on 5 levels
- Soil water capacitance useful for plant water stress
- Photosynthesis energy monitoring for plant growing